Custodian Job Posting
Community Mennonite Church (CMC), Harrisonburg, VA
This hourly position is responsible for custodial and cleaning work throughout the Community Mennonite Church building, under the supervision of another custodian. 20-25 hours per week, with some flexibility.
Looking for these qualifications:
- General custodial/cleaning skills and experience to include knowledge and proficiency in the use of cleaning materials/chemicals, task oriented with an eye for details and preventative maintenance.
- Previous custodial or related experience is a preference, but not required. Previous work reference required.
- Personal traits:
- Attention to detail and thoroughness is required.
- Ability to work alone in the church building is required.
- Ability to receive instructions and carry through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Competence in self-motivation, organizational/managerial skills and interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to perform with initiative and confidence.
- Vehicle availability required.
- Ability to communicate concerns and needs to the supervisor(s).
- Weekly cleaning of the facilities of Community Mennonite Church and the Dean House (church annex across the street).
- Placing garbage bags/cans out on a regular basis along with recycling bins.
- Being aware of what is on the church calendar, as some events require extra cleanup.
- Sweeping all the outside sidewalks at church weekly and the Dean House once or twice a month.
Applicants: Interested persons can apply by submitting a resume with references. Include information that speaks to the above requirements. Hard copy documents can be mailed or dropped off at the church, 70 S. High Street, Harrisonburg, VA, 22801. Or you can email information to Alisha Huber at firstname.lastname@example.org