Committee/Position: Memory Garden Trustee
Commission: Administration Commission
Mission/Purpose: Memory Garden Trustees will assure effective administration of the CMC Memory Garden.
Responsibilities: Memory Garden Trustees will oversee the maintenance of the garden, determine policies, and perform record keeping as it deems appropriate to carry out its mission.
The Memory Garden Trustees shall:
- Consist of three trustees who serve staggered three year terms. Members can be appointed to renewed terms indefinitely.
- Work with the church office administrator to keep records and appropriate documents and shall have access to these at any time.
- Monitor church budget income and expenses for maintenance of the Memory Garden and make recommendations to Church Council when needed.
- Review the Agreement document annually and discuss any proposed changes with Council Chair, who may refer the question to Council.
- Submit annual reports to Council.
- Adopt guidelines for maintenance and upkeep of the garden and determine periodically whether this is best done by paid or volunteer personnel.
- Collaborate with Facilities and Grounds Committee on placement and appearance of any visible memorials, whether inside or outside.
- Coordinate with Pastoral Team upon signing of an Agreement document to assist with information regarding placement of cremains in the garden.
Approved by Church Council, July 2016