Community Mennonite Church
Principal Function of this position:
The Church Administrator carries out the greater ministry of Community Mennonite Church through interaction with the public, congregation, pastors, and Church Council. The position includes professional administrative duties, managing daily operations of the church office, providing administrative support to the Pastoral Team and Church Council, notifying the custodial staff of building needs, and communication with the church community. This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position with benefits. Primarily an In-office position; some remote hours are negotiable. It will begin on or about June 15, 2021.
- Administrative, supervisory, leadership, and communication skills, and the ability to manage competing priorities and short- and long-term projects.
- Good writing/editing/proofreading skills, including experience creating and modifying various forms of electronic and written media. Experience and proficiency in computer skills.
- Public relations skills for face-to-face, phone, and electronic communication.
- Ability to perform with initiative and confidence, maintain confidentiality, and make decisions while balancing the need to involve pastoral staff and Church Council in decisions as required.
- College degree in communications or a related field or substantial relevant background ● Two references, one professional and one personal
- Knowledge of and experience with various electronic and written media
- Passing criminal and sexual misconduct background checks
- Active Christian faith
- Preference given to applicants with fluency in both English and Spanish
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Direct weekday operation of the church office
- Property and building administration
- Serve as purchasing agent for the church (office & custodial supplies) and work with church finance administrator to manage accounts
- Inventory and maintain church equipment
- Maintain church records, master calendar, and coordinate building use in two facilities ●
- Assist pastors and Church Council with tasks as requested
- Design, produce and distribute church communication and promotional pieces, both print and electronic
- Maintain the church website, YouTube channel, and Facebook page
- Personal, phone, and email communication with church members, other community members, and parties using the church building
Applicants : Interested persons can apply by submitting a résumé with two references. Include information that speaks to the above requirements. Hard copy documents can be mailed to or dropped off for Chair of Personnel Committee: Sue Swartz, Community Mennonite Church, 70 S. High Street, Harrisonburg, VA, 22801. Or you can email your information or inquiries to Sue Swartz at: email@example.com. Application deadline is June 11.