The position has been filled. Thank you for your interest.
Principal Function of this position:
- The Church Administrator carries out the greater ministry of Community Mennonite Church through interaction with the public, congregation, pastors and Church Council. The position includes performing professional administrative duties, including duties as defined by the lead pastor, managing daily operations of the church office, facilitating and adapting the communication system as needs change, providing administrative support to the Pastoral Team and Church Council, and initiating and leading change in various aspects of the Church's mission as requested. This opening is for August 8, 2016.
Looking for these Qualifications:
- Administrative, supervisory, leadership and public relations skills. Experience and proficiency in computer skills. References from previous supervisors required. Excellent people and hospitality skills with an emphasis on relational, organizational and leadership abilities.
Important Personal traits:
- Public relations skills for face-to-face, phone, electronic communication and the ability to manage competing priorities and conflict as required. We see this person as the face and personality of our church community.
- Good writing/editing/proofreading skills, including experience in the preparation and modification of various forms of electronic and written media. Project management capacity, tracking details—short range and long range.
- Competence in self-motivation and interpersonal relationships. Ability to perform with initiative and confidence, maintain confidentiality, and make decisions while balancing the need to involve pastoral staff and Church Council in decisions where required. Must possess a personal conviction of calling to church ministry.
- College degree in marketing, communications, accounting, or a related field or substantial relevant background.
- Intermediate accounting knowledge to maintain financial records in Power Church software.
- Knowledge and experience in designing various electronic and written media, including websites.
- Sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- Passing criminal, financial, and sexual misconduct background checks.
- Active Christian faith and experience in a Mennonite setting.
- Preference given to applicants with fluency in both English and Spanish.
Summary of Responsibilities (30-40 hours per week) Include:
CMC will consider applicants who are interested in one or more areas of this three-part job description.
- Direct weekday operation of the church office.
- Serve as consultant for single-use and longer term renters of the facilities.
- Serve as purchasing agent for the church (office supplies & custodial supplies).
- Inventory and maintain church equipment.
- Maintain church records, master calendar, and coordinate building use in two facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Serve as staff associate for Church Council.
- Oversee and maintain the church web site.
- Design, produce and distribute all church communication and promotional pieces, both print and electronic. This includes at least: weekly electronic newsletter, annual directory, annual report, and weekly bulletin.
- Serve as staff associate for Finance Committee.
- Facilitate annual budgeting process and budget development.
- Produce monthly budget reports for each commission and for staff as requested.
- Implement financial record-keeping through Power Church software.
- Manage payroll and pay invoices.
Applicants: Interested persons can apply by submitting a résumé with references. Include information that speaks to the above requirements. Hard copy documents can be mailed or dropped off for Alisha Huber, 70 S. High Street, Harrisonburg, VA, 22801. Or you can email your information to Alisha Huber at: email@example.com. Feel free to contact the Lead Pastor for more clarification: Jennifer Davis Sensenig, 540-433-2148 Job Description and Posting August 8, 2016