The Outreach Commission oversees all aspects of the local outreach ministry for Community Mennonite Church. The Outreach Commission will deal primarily with ongoing programs at CMC with an eye to local needs and how to best meet the needs of the community.
The primary assignment for the Outreach Commission will monitor and improve upon what is being done locally and to keep CMC members informed of needs and concerns. The Outreach Commission will resource and give counsel to the various committees and representatives who regularly report to the commission. The Outreach Commission will process and develop recommendations for Church Council (but not make final decisions) on matters that pertain to the committees and representatives related to the commission.
Guidelines for organizations to be considered part of outreach:
- The purpose of the Liaisons under the Outreach umbrella is to broaden Outreach work and relationships. These folks do work for Outreach that is already recognized and “blessed.” Special permission for calling on volunteers is not needed for those organizations listed under Outreach.
- The criteria for including organizations under the Outreach umbrella are:
- Organizations within our building (i.e. main church or Dean House), (e.g. Patchwork Pantry),
- Organizations that appeal for volunteers from our CMC congregation, generally five or more (e.g. MDS), and/or,
- Organizations that have a direct financial connection with CMC (e.g. Everence).
- Outreach Commission Job Description
- Outreach Commission Decision-Making Guidelines
- Using CMC as a pass-through for funding
Members & Committees:
- Chair: Hadley Jenner 2017
- Pastoral Team Representative: Jason Gerlach
- Gifts Discernment Representative:
- Nelly Moreno Shenk 2017
- Ben Wyse 2017
- Sarah Kiser 2018
- Aliese Gingerich 2018
- Keith Gnagey 2019
- Community Preschool Inc. Board Liaison: Joyce Osborne 16
- Patchwork Pantry Liaison Mim Yoder 2017
- Highland Retreat Liaison Contact Person: Jesse Rodriguez 2017
- Mennonite Disaster Service Liaison: Sam Miller 2017
- Everence Liaison: Timothy and Ruth Stoltzfus Jost 2017
- Virginia Relief Sale Liaison:
- Open Doors Liaisons:
- Jim Yoder and Ben Wyse (until Spring 2018)
- Bridge of Hope Liaison
- Faith In Action Representatives:
- Kent Davis Sensenig 2018
- Aliese Gingerich 2019
- Brian Martin Burkholder, Alternate