The Community Life Commission (CLC) works toward insuring that each member and attendee experiences connection and belonging at CMC through the development and communication of structures and programs aimed at helping people build and deepen relationships with one another and with God.
The CLC will process and develop recommendations for CMC Church Council.
Members & Committees:
- Chair: Lonnie Yoder (2020)
- Vice Chair: open
- Adult Christian Education Committee (Chair: Kent Davis Sensenig 2019)
- Hospitality Committee (Co-Chairs: Jennifer Ulrich 2019, Joan Kauffman 2019)
- Small Group Committee (Chair: Heather Harris 2019)
- Welcomers (Chair: Ken and MarthaJune Graber 2019)
- Lending List Committee (Chair: Michael Ann Courtney 2019)
- Retreat Coordinators (Chair: Ben and Hannah Bailey 2020)
- New Attenders Ministry
To fulfill this mission and purpose, the Community Life Commission will …
- facilitate regular fellowship and community building activities, dream for the future and give creative leadership in promoting new ways of nurturing fellowship and building connection for the CMC community.
- review annually the financial needs of the committees and present budget needs in writing to the finance committee when budget requests are solicited. Once budgets are set, commissions are expected to stay within guidelines and over spending must be approved by the finance committee and council.
- assist with the coordination and communication between the pastoral team and the CLC, with leadership from the Pastoral Team Representative.
- assist the Adult Christian Education Committee chair in the planning and development of the adult Christian education classes, resources, facilities, equipment and teachers.
- assist the Hospitality Committee chair with the planning and development of regular and occasional hospitality events around the table, coffee pot and water cooler (through food and fellowship).
- assist the Small Group Committee chair with the formation and nurture of small groups and the equipping of small group liaisons.
- assist the Retreat Committee chair with the visioning, planning and evaluation of an annual congregational retreat.
- assist the Welcoming Committee chair with the planning and development of initiatives for greeting and orienting everyone on a Sunday morning.
- assist the New Attenders’ Ministry with developing effective ways of meeting, informing and engaging New Attenders.
- assist the Lending List Committee chair with the development and communication of the lending list.
- assist the Valley Church League coordinator with the planning and development of church athletic team ministries.
- assist the Special Events coordinator with the planning and coordinate of regular and occasional special events.
- self-evaluate at regular intervals as designated by Church Council.
Members of the CLC are persons who have skills in relationship and community-building, effective communication, program planning and facilitation. Members are
expected to maintain and exercise spiritually mature discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
The CLC will be composed of members as follows:
- The chair of the CLC, discerned by the Gift Discernment Committee, is responsible for the function of this commission and will attend Church Council as a council
member. As such, the chair’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate the communications between Church Council and the CLC and to coordinate the efforts of the commission.
- Pastoral Team Representative (Pastor of Community Life)
- Adult Christian Education Chair
- Hospitality Committee Chair
- Small Group Committee Chair
- Retreat Committee Chair
- Welcoming Committee Chair
- New Attenders Ministry
- Lending List Committee Chair
- Valley Church League Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- The CLC will meet at least quarterly.
- CLC committee chairs will report to the CLC chair between meetings to share pertinent committee agenda prior to Church Council meetings.
- The CLC chair may request and/or be invited to meet with the individual committees or committee chairs.
The Community Life Commission is accountable to the Church Council at Community Mennonite Church. Church Council may determine if and when written reports are required for council and/or for the congregation.