Prepare church and sanctuary to receive the congregation, and welcome each person who attends worship.
- Open the church before worship (or another event).
- Check climate control settings and seating alignment.
- Prepare hymnals and bulletins for distribution.
- Welcome attenders to the sanctuary and assist with seating and other needs—explain the building layout, provide hearing assistance devices, answer questions.
- Collect offering as directed by the worship leader.
- Collect hymnals and put away hymnal racks.
Ushers also may be called upon to supervise an emergency evacuation. Please review the Emergency Evacuation Procedures in the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
Members of this group occasionally meet together, but perform their responsibilities as teams as scheduled on the worship calendar. This committee reports to Worship Commission, but does not generally send a representative to Worship Commission meetings.
- Coordinator. Schedules ushers for each Sunday, trains new ushers, communicates policies and procedures to all ushers, consults with Worship Commission chair as needed.
- Ushers. Take a turn as head usher on a regular basis, serve as usher regularly, promote and follow user policies as set by the usher coordinator.
- Matt Ruth (Coordinator) 2020
- Jennifer North Bauman 2020
- Dorothy Jean Weaver 2019
- Andrew Stoltzfus 2020
- Betty Shenk 2020
- Jim Bishop 2020
- Timothy Jost 2020 (temporarily replaced by Greg Koop)
- Cristina Graber Neufeld 2019
- Andrea Wenger 2019
- Wayne Hochstedler 2019
- Wendy Gerlach 2019
- Art Stoltzfus 2019